The Indian economic situation is so bad that even Chief Ministers are losing their jobs. Vilasrao Deshmukh is rumored to be getting his pink slip from the central government any moment. Between going to every film award ceremony and giving hotel tours to movie directors, it became painfully clear to the central government that his hectic social calendar was getting in the way. The government is looking at several candidates to replace him, I hope they use a new vetting process to select these most critical positions. Here is my list of required questions I would ask and every media person should demand be answered:
- Education (If you mention Harvard it better be a 2 or 4 year degree, none of those lame-ass 3 week programs. Bonus points for an IIT/IIM grad)
- Previous Job
- What is your cell phone number/e-mail address
- How much did you earn last year?
- What is your attitude towards bribery and corruption
- Have you ever committed a crime, if so describe
- What will your first 100 days look like (since [email protected]#$ is slow in India, I’ll give you 200 days)
- What are your top 5 areas you will focus on
- What has been your biggest accomplishment?
- What has been your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
- How large of a car entourage/security detail will you require and why? (Most US Governors have 2 cars or is India so unsafe you need more)
I know many of you were hoping that this blog entry would talk about what I’m planning on doing for change, but I had to put together a list of questions when I heard CM Deshmukh might resign. I promise the next blog entry will be about what I’m planning to do.