I finally got around to upgrading my iPhone to the new 2.0 release and it is worth every penny…oh wait it was free. Since I have a hacked iPhone I wasn’t able to use iTunes and just upgrade the iPhone, I used Pwnage Tool to upgrade the software. The software is so easy to use, it took a total of 10 minutes to crack and another 15-20 minutes to copy all my data back onto the phone.
So what’s so great about 2.0, the biggest thing is the App Store. Which has 100’s of programs and will grow to1000’s. The 5 apps that I’m using right now:
– Remote – control iTunes from the iPhone
– Shazam – listens to music and tells you the name of the song
– Facebook – great interface for facebook
– WordPress – write posts to your WordPress blog
– Bloomberg – access news from the Bloomberg site
The downside is you lose all your apps from the Installer.app program and the ability to turn off EDGE. Overall the improvements in 2.0 are worth the minimal effort to upgrade to it.