Sunday was the grand opening of the Jaguar and Land Rover flagship store in Bombay. If you remember, the Tata Group over paid for Jaguar and Land Rover back in early 2008 when the automotive world was not in complete meltdown mode. Oooh, how things have changed.
Anyways, the Tata Group decided to launch their new babies by housing the new dealership in arguably the most expensive piece of commercial real estate in India – CeeJay House in Worli. The new combined showroom for Jaguar and Land Rover looks awesome, they have been preparing for the Sunday launch all weekend long.
It occurred to me with these two new name plates added to South Bombay, all of the dealers are actually on the same stretch of road albeit with names changes along the way – Hughes Road, Pedder Road, Annie Besant Road, etc… I’ll start the tour from the southern most dealer and imagine you are driving north towards Worli.
1. Mercedes Benz Sanghi – The original Mercedes dealer in South Bombay. On the right side of the road.
3. BMW Navnit – This is located on the backside of Copper Chimney. On the right side of the road.
4. Jaguar – CeeJay House. On the left side of the road.
5. Land Rover – CeeJay House. On the left side of the road.
6. Rolls Royce Navnit – Ground floor of Atria Mall. The mall is pathetic but seeing a Phantom in the window is breath taking. On the right side of the road.
7. Audi Mumbai – At the base of the Worli flyover on the left side of the road.
The biggest glaring omission is the lack of a Ferrari dealer. Other name plates such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Lamborghini and Maserati have yet to setup shop, not sure if they will.
Hope you enjoyed the virtual car ride.